Google Analystics Definition

Monday, November 22, 2010

Grilled Cheese Taken to New Heights

I promised some recipes that showcased our Balsamic Onion Marmalade so here is the first.  I got a loaf of artisanal sourdough bread (the kind with the big wholes and crackily crust)  after our second week at The Baker's Market and I thought, "What better to make than a grilled cheese sandwich?".  So that is exactly what I made for lunch the next day.


I love grilled cheese sandwiches.  They are my go to food when there is nothing else good in the fridge.  I know it might be awful but I always use a slice of processed cheddar in between two slices of buttered white Wonder bread.  But it's not all bad, each slice of processed cheese contains the calcium of one whole glass of milk!


This time since I had that nice fresh loaf of sourdough I took it to the next level with creamy brie and a few spoonfuls of The B.O.M..

So I basically just cut up a couple of slices of bread and topped it with The B.O.M. and a few good slabs of brie.

Melted some butter on a hot skillet.  I love my cast iron skillet!  I also love butter! (who doesn't?)
Browned both sides of the sandwich until the cheese turned into ooey gooey melty creamy goodness.  Of course, not forgeting to butter the other side too.

Voila! Uber good grilled cheese.

I really enjoyed that sandwich, especially with the pickles.  Next time I make it I'll add BACON.  Bacon makes everything (really, everything) better.


By the way, for those of you who eat it by the spoonful we now have The Balsamic Onion Marmalade in a larger size.  It will of course be available at the Bakers market each Saturday until December 11th or you can contact us to place an order.  If you made anything with your marmalade we would really like to know what it was.  We love getting feedback.

Happy Eating!

-Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures look delicious. Looks like a great combo with the pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it at home myself. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment.